– I have to clench
every muscle in my body. – Come on!
– No. – Do it.
– No. – Do it!
– No. – Wow. (laughs) Are you breathing?
– (breathes heavily) No. ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) Today, you’re gonna be
doing a Try Not To Sing challenge! – Whoa!
– I’ve never done one of these. – Neither have I. – I sit across from her!
– He hears how often I sing out loud. Long story short,
this is gonna be a nightmare. – I guess I’m like a shower singer,
and a car singer. I’m not a huge karaoke guy, you know?
So I stay out of the public eye. – I’m like a grocery line singer. – I don’t know if I’ve ever heard
that term though, like a grocery line singer. – (FBE) But there’s a bit of a twist.
– Okay. – (FBE) All of the songs
from this challenge will be late ’90s
to early 2000s Pop Punk. – How dare you? I literally have a Paramore quote
tattoo on my body, so like…
– You do. – This is gonna be really hard for me. – Sierra wasn’t even born yet! – I was born in ’94! – Sierra was just being born, you think she’s gonna
even give a [bleep] about any of these songs?
I’m an ’85 baby! These are my wheelhouse.
– I have an advantage. – (FBE) If you dance or sing along
to the songs, you will get a strike. The person with the least strikes
is the winner. – Can we snap?
– (FBE) No. – Oh.
– Oh. – (FBE) Don’t look like
you’re enjoying music. – (sighs) That’s hard! – (FBE) So just so you know,
all of the songs were actually voted on
by the FBE SuperFam! – Oh, SuperFam!
– SuperFam! We love you SuperFam. – (FBE) Get those headphones on
and let’s get ready! – You betcha!
– I was born ready. – ♪ Oh, well imagine ♪ – We’re really gonna start with this? – It’s rude. – This is a good song, but
I never understood what it was about. – Oh shoot, shoot! – This, you were born
when this song came out. – I was born, and I love this song. – (sings along)
♪ What a beautiful wedding ♪ Sorry, I just have
so many good memories with this song. (sings along) ♪ Is a whore ♪
(buzzer rings) – I’m not a huge Panic fan.
– I can’t, I’m having a lot of panic, and no disco right now.
Oh my God, I don’t wanna do it. (grunts)
– ♪ Closing the damn door ♪ ♪ No, it’s much better to face ♪
♪ These kinds of things ♪ – With a sense of
poise and rationality! (buzzer rings) – ♪ I chime in with a ♪
♪ Haven’t you people ever heard of ♪ – I’m betraying my little
Ashley middle school self. – I really am too.
– ♪ To face these kinds of things ♪ – Sierra, have fun man,
this is your moment. – You have fun, Kyle!
– You really wanna have fun. This is easy for me. – I have to clench
every muscle in my body. – ♪ No, much better to face these ♪
♪ Kinds of things with a sense of ♪ – You can’t see it,
but I’m gripping the ends of the armchair right now. If that’s the first song,
I’m really nervous for this challenge. – I lost the first one,
but I’m okay with that. ‘Cause this is a classic jam for me.
– It is. – Sierra said she liked that guy
from Fallout Boy, Pete Wentz, more than Brendon Urie.
– I feel attacked right now. – Yeah, you should.
– And I’m not about it, Kyle. – Wow.
– Oh my gosh, this is a really good song. – Fountains of Wayne,
Stacy’s Mom. – Dude, okay, this band was named
after a store from my hometown. – Oh no. This was literally my favorite song
in middle school. – I used to be a bar mitzvah DJ,
and I would play this song at all the bar mitzvahs in 2004. – This one’s not gonna get me.
I’m gonna be fine. – (both singing along)
♪ Baby, can’t you see ♪ ♪ Stacy’s mom has got it going on ♪
♪ She’s all I want ♪ ♪ And I waited for so long ♪
(buzzer rings) – (sings along)
♪ Stacy’s mom has got it going on ♪ ♪ She’s all that I want ♪
♪ And I’ve waited for so long ♪ You know you want to.
(buzzer rings) – ♪ Stacy can’t you see ♪
♪ You’re just not the girl for me ♪ – Mm-mm, I’m gonna
hold strong for this one. – I was in fourth grade
when this came out. You’re just jealous.
– Yeah. – ♪ Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on ♪
– I can feel his eyes sometimes, and I don’t wanna look,
’cause then I’ll give in. (buzzer rings) – Come on!
– No. – Do it!
– No. – Do it!
– No! – Wow, are you breathing?
– (breathes heavily) No. No I’m not. – There’s a store in my town called
Fountains of Wayne, and that’s what the band
was named after. It was like a Christmas store. Like I have no clue why they
named themselves after that store. – I remember watching the music video.
– Yeah, no, it’s really good. – Yeah. – I remember I used to play that song
while I was babysitting. – Weird babysitter song,
but okay. – Ah, shoot.
I love this song! ♪ Go around a time or two ♪
♪ Just to waste my time with you ♪ – Come on.
– My eyes are watering. – Come on!
– I know this song, I like this song. It never was, it never really had
a place in my life, I guess, if that makes sense.
– Yeah. – I’m like I think I’m moving. (laughs) (sings along) ♪ I’ll keep you ♪
♪ My dirty little secret ♪ – Oh my God, I was about to…
(buzzer rings) – (sings along) ♪ I’ll keep you ♪
♪ My dirty little secret ♪ Come on, Ashley!
– No. – Damn it!
(buzzer rings) – I’ll tell you my
dirty little secret. Dirty little secret.
– That counts! – Dirty little secret. (laughs)
– That has to count. – This is spoken word art,
it’s not singing! (buzzer rings) – Come on Sierra, have fun man,
this is not fun for the viewers. The viewers wanna see
Sierra dance, right? They wanna see you dance. – I can think of nothing more fun
than beating my boss, and that is what I intend to do.
(Kyle laughs) – It’s right there, you know? It’s right there.
– Mm-hmm. – Not signing to that song
makes me feel like an All-Amercan Reject. – Always used to listen to this album
on repeat, through middle school and high school,
and this is really painful and I don’t like this challenge. – I like All-American Rejects,
I don’t like them enough to sing them because I do this thing
where if I don’t know the words, I won’t sing. – See, not knowing the lyrics
has never stopped me before. – (laughs) I wish it would. – (FBE) Next song.
– Let’s do it. I’m gonna hold it together
for this one. – Are you though? – ♪ All the small things ♪ – Damn it. – This is what I was talking about.
– Ooh, this is the good [bleep]. – I still remember how to play
the drums along to this song. – Mmm.
(Connor mumbles) – I hate this song,
because I feel like it’s about me, ’cause I’m a small thing.
(buzzer rings) – It’s Blink-182.
I think you wanna sing this one. – (both sing along) ♪ I know ♪
♪ You’ll be at my show ♪ – I had to hit the harmony.
(buzzer rings) – Do you know the words to this song?
– I can do this. I know almost every word to this song. – Prove it.
– Do you? – Prove it.
– You prove it. – I don’t know the words. – ♪ Commiserating ♪
– Do it! – Uh uh.
– Do it! My purpose in this game now
is just to get her to lose. – ♪ Carry me, nah nah nah nah nah ♪
– (laughs) I hate you so much! – Uh uh. – My head’s gonna explode.
– It does feel that way. I’m like (grunts).
Okay, good, okay, I feel good. – Nothing says ’90s and 2000s
Pop Punk more than some nah-nah, nah-nah, nah-nah, nahs. – I did listen to Blink a lot, but that was, I think, because
my mom listened to blink a lot, so I listened to it. – I mean, same.
Exact same specifically, Niomi’s mom used to
play it all the time. – ♪ When I was a young boy ♪
– Oh, Kyle loves this song. – Oh my God, I do love this song. – This is the first song that
I learned how to play on the piano. – ♪ To see a marching band ♪ – This song’s about death.
This song’s about death. – Like when I was sad,
I would just sit in my room and just listen to this. – I also remember
when they premiered this. They were like, they had
like a whole MTV live event, I think. – (sings along)
♪ The beaten and the damned ♪ Come on!
– No. – Come on!
– Nope. – Come on!
(buzzer rings) – Here it comes! – No no, I’m sure I won’t go into it.
– It’s coming! (laughs)
– ♪ Will you defeat them ♪ – No, he gave in!
– No I didn’t! – Yeah you did, I heard it!
– I didn’t. (buzzer rings) – This is the Bohemian Rhapsody
of our generation. – Eh, maybe.
– Don’t touch. – ♪ One day, I’ll leave you ♪ – (FBE) Jordan, are you
head bopping there? – Uh, there was a sway,
I wouldn’t count it as a head bop. (buzzer rings) – It think it’s ’cause like,
I never had a connection to My Chemical Romance.
Like a deep connection. I know, I know, sorry. – Yeah, I don’t know
if we can be friends any more. – (screeches)
♪ When I was a young man ♪ ♪ My dad took me into the city ♪
Burn the footage. – (laughs) Yeah, don’t use any of it.
It’s fine. – ♪ I walk this empty street ♪
– This is a classic. – Mmm.
– I can play this song on guitar, fun fact.
– ♪ When the city sleeps ♪ ♪ And I’m the only one ♪
– I know you like Green Day. – Yeah. – Dah nah, dah nah, it’s okay,
I already lost this challenge. I’m gonna enjoy myself.
– Yes, let it out. – Dah nah, dah nah!
(buzzer rings) – So good.
– Gotta rest up for this chorus. – Oh yeah. – (sings along) ♪ I walk a ♪
♪ My shadow’s the only one ♪ ♪ That walks beside me ♪
(buzzer rings) – (sings along) ♪ My shadow’s ♪
(mumbles) – It’s harder beacuse you,
when you don’t know the song! – All I know is like the moshing.
– Oh [bleep] I danced, no! – Yeah!
(buzzer rings) – If you watch her breathing,
she’s shaking. – ♪ ‘Til then, I walk alone ♪
(buzzer rings) – I, do you like this Green Day song?
– I love that Green Day song. That was really hard.
I grew up singing, I grew up playing instruments. I grew up playing
a lot of these songs, so this challenge
is really hard for me. – We knew it was coming.
We knew it it’s an ultimate classic. So good.
– That song is incredible. – I was doing so good,
and then he started nodding, and I was like “that seems
like something I should do.” – (FBE) You won, how do you feel? – It’s the first challenge
I’ve ever won. I’m proud of myself. – I am really surprised
you didn’t sing at the Blink-182 song.
– Yeah, I am too. But like that last one,
it was probably the hardest one. – (FBE) Since neither of you sang,
we’ve got a little tie breaker. – Ooh!
This is getting exciting. Can we get a buzzer?
– Ooh man! – (FBE) Hands below the table. – If I lose now
I’m gonna be so pissed. – (FBE) Final chance.
– Okay. – (FBE) For somebody to win.
– Okay. – (FBE) Are you ready? – Yep.
– Yes. – ♪ Way ♪
– ♪ Don’t knock yourself out yeah ♪ (hums song)
Oh [bleep]. – (FBE) What’s it called?
– We can sing now, right? – (FBE) Yeah.
– ♪ It just takes some time ♪ (beatboxes song) – She’s singing a lot of the song,
which is nice. Oh [bleep].
– Dude, who is that? – Do you know what it is?
– I don’t think I do. – Welp, this has been fun. – (FBE) That was The Middle
by Jimmy Eat World. – Oh, I love The Middle
by Jimmy Eat World! – You didn’t even say that!
– It was The Middle! She did technically tie with me.
So it shows that I’ve got great judgement
at hiring Sierra, I’m a great competitor myself,
because I tied. So really, the only winner here today
is me. – Unbelievable,
and I didn’t lose my job. So I won.
– (FBE) After all of that, you still tied.
– ♪ In the end ♪ ♪ It doesn’t even matter ♪ – Thanks for watching us
Try Not To Sing Pop Punk Songs… – On the REACT Channel. – What other eras should
we try not to sing? – Let us know in the comments,
and can you believe that Sierra doesn’t like Brendon Urie? – Can you believe that Kyle is a liar? – Wanna help keep making the content
that you love? Then join the FBE SuperFam.
There are three tiers, each better than the last.
Click join under the video or the link in the description.